Zero Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 39 on 2012-08-16, 06:51
Latest topics
» To those who see this
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby Ender 2022-04-22, 03:33

» MY NEW NEW CRIB!
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby Ender 2018-10-02, 02:10

» I am FINALLY back :)!
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby Ender 2015-08-05, 14:24

» Ultimate FTK/OTK?
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby Ender 2015-08-05, 14:20

» Card Rulings?
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby Nate26 2015-06-29, 14:21

» Summer Plans?
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby jojopwns 2014-08-14, 09:26

» Ender the Head Moderator's Office
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby Ender 2014-07-30, 23:27

» WyattEarp here
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby jojopwns 2014-03-22, 09:36

» Zero Duel Academy Rules
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby Ender 2014-03-09, 15:22

» WyattEarp Test Request
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby WyattEarp 2014-03-09, 15:16

» Minecraft: Academy
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby Ender 2014-02-25, 16:55

» understanding zero duel academy
Cain 'n Abel Emptyby Ender 2014-02-21, 14:11

Cain 'n Abel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mrbiff
Mad Deckbuilder
Mad Deckbuilder
Mrbiff

ZD points : 1337
Warnings :
Cain 'n Abel Left_bar_bleue0 / 50 / 5Cain 'n Abel Right_bar_bleue

Time Zone : UTC-6:00
Male Join Date : 2012-09-28
Humor : Humor? What is that? Some kind of disease? Is it contagious?
Jobs/Hobbies : Science

Cain 'n Abel Empty
PostSubject: Cain 'n Abel   Cain 'n Abel Empty2013-12-25, 02:58

Let me tell you a thing or two about these brothers. See Cain and Abel are biblical figures, Cain being the first human born and Able the first human to die. Cain killed his brother Abel, presumably in a fit of jealousy. Thankfully in the YGO universe these two brothers couldn't work better together. I bring you Numbers 13 and 31, Cain's doom and Abel's doom.

Both cards are rank 1 Xyz monsters that need two level 1 monsters as materials. They only have 500 atk and def, and they're pretty bad on their own, but together they more than make up for their shortcomings.

"Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; change all monsters your opponent currently controls to face-up Attack Position, also they must attack this card this turn, if able.
If you control "Number 13: Cain's Doom", this card gains these effects.
●While this card has Xyz Material, it cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.
●Your opponent takes any battle damage you would have taken from battles involving this card being attacked."

This effect is the same on Cain's Doom, except you need Abel's Doom for it to be useful. The first effect makes them nigh unkillable by most decks nowadays, the only ones I can think of that would be able to stop them would be Skill Drain decks and decks that have enough extra deck space to be prepared for something like this with their Xyz monsters. Nowadays there are less of the Xyz centric decks and more of the Synchro centric ones, so I'm not as worried about a Maestroke or Black Corn messing up the brotherly love, as I like to call it.

The second effect they gain is reminiscent of Yubel, except you can be the one attacking their monsters, which is very nice. Especially since that's a continuous effect, not an trigger one. Why's that important you ask? Well I run into Quasar a lot, and frankly speaking Quasar can't do anything against the Doom brothers without outside help, or you stupidly activating their trigger effect too much.

That being said, Cain and Abel are useless on their own, so how does one go about getting them both out in the same turn? I asked myself this same question before coming up with a team of level 1 behemoths that were up to the task:

3x Battle Fader
3x Effect Veiler
3x Kinka-Byo
2x Mystic Piper
3x Turbo Booster
3x Jester Confit

First off there's Battle Fader, really a team player here. Since the main point of the deck is to get out the Doom brothers, you're probably not going to have monsters. Fader makes it so you won't have to worry about OTKs, but only use it when your opponent is going for game OR you have enough level 1's to go for Cain and Able during your next turn.

Then there's Veiler. The fun little light type is one of the main things keeping Cain and Able safe from pesky Maestrokes or other annoying effect monsters. It's also a tuner so a Kinka-Byo can summon it and go for Formula. While that's usually something to save for a last ditch extra draw to grab Dark Hole or Creature Swap, it can be used when you already have the advantage, to give you more advantage. I'd recommend going for Mystic Piper in that case though.

Which brings me to the next monster in the line-up: Kinka-Byo. This spirit cat is one of the most important members of the team. With its effect summoning out a level 1 whenever it's normaled, that's an instant Cain or Able right there. That's not its only use though, Mystic Piper and Kinka form a draw engine that can give you a potential two draws every turn. Considering that almost half the deck is made of level 1 monsters it's likely that Piper will get off the second draw, and every draw counts in this deck. Besides that Kinka is a wonderful target for Creature Swap, thanks to its spirit effect it returns to the OWNER'S hand at the end of the run it's summoned. That means the opponent loses a monster and gets nothing in return.

Piper is good for drawing cards with Kinka, and as a material for Rank 1's. While it's an integral part of the deck, there really isn't much to say about it that I haven't said already.

Now we have Turbo Booster. This little known machine doesn't see the light of day much. Boasting a whopping 0 atk and def it is possibly one of the least played cards in the game. So why is it in here? That's an easy one. Both of Turbo Boosters effects act in synergy with the Doom brothers. The summoning effect that lets you bring it out if you've just normal summoned that turn makes it way easier to get out rank 1's, and the second effect can take care of monsters that could be problematic in the future. Since the Doom brothers effects are what they are you can use Booster's tribute effect without any real penalty.

Finally there's Jester Confit, this corny clown has the crazy ability to summon himself, without any conditions needing to be filled. I wanted to be able to summon my Rank 1's without having any unaware support from my opponent, so this guy fits the bill better than any other remaining level 1. His second effect can save you from destruction, but most of the time you won't be able use it. You'd have to have a threatening roar face down if you were going to even consider it. Mirror force isn't quite enough.

Here's the decklist I have right now:
https://i.imgur.com/7umq4mH.png

The spells and traps are way more generic than the monster choices, and are meant to stall, and support for the Doom brothers. The reckless greeds help grab pieces, and Aratama can grab Kinka. Creature swap can win games on its own, especially considering how weak the monsters are in this deck.

The main problem I've run into is skill drain or other effect negating cards. Necrovalley is hindersome but it doesn't stop me completely. I can still make 4 level 1's without too much trouble. If I were to make a side deck for myself I'd have 3 naturia cherries and an Unknown Synchron or 2 in there for situations where my opponent doesn't let me use my graveyard. Then possibly some s/t removal for the skill drains, and Skill Prisoner if they're running a deck that could shut me down through targeting monster effects.

As for the extra deck, Cain and Abel are the only things I've ever actually brought out. If you guys have any thoughts I'm all ears.

Merry Christmas,
Mrbiff
12:58:42 2013-12-24
Back to top Go down
Mrbiff
Mad Deckbuilder
Mad Deckbuilder
Mrbiff

ZD points : 1337
Warnings :

Time Zone : UTC-6:00
Male Join Date : 2012-09-28
Humor : Humor? What is that? Some kind of disease? Is it contagious?
Jobs/Hobbies : Science

Cain 'n Abel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cain 'n Abel   Cain 'n Abel Empty2013-12-25, 05:33

https://i.imgur.com/RbYwKxf.png
People do not like this deck...
Back to top Go down
draco9696
Emperor
Emperor
draco9696

ZD points : 850
Warnings :

Time Zone : UTC-5 Ottawa, Time zone
Male Birthdate : 1998-02-10
Humor : witty but funny jokes,
Jobs/Hobbies : yugioh, manga, drawing

Cain 'n Abel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cain 'n Abel   Cain 'n Abel Empty2013-12-25, 11:08

Wow, good article Biff, thanks, and, merry Christmas to you too.
Back to top Go down
jojopwns
Unknown The Unlimited
Unknown The Unlimited
jojopwns

ZD points : 150
Warnings :

Time Zone : 341
Male Birthdate : 1992-11-27
Humor : funny
Jobs/Hobbies : dueling